If you have been preparing a solo or group dance for the dance production, the auditions to show your finished piece are on: Tuesday 12th January.
- All dancers must be from the same year group
- There must be no contact work, or being face to face with other dancers
- Your dance must be finished (it doesn’t need to be very long 2-3 minutes is fine)
- Bring your music on your phone / CD
- You could also submit a dance film
- The auditions on Tuesday 12th January will be from 3:40-4:30pm.
- In January, you will be able to sign up to a time-slot on the dance noticeboard in the gym changing rooms. Once you have performed, you may leave.
Our whole school musical will be Chicago in July 2020. Students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 are invited to participate. You will need to be free to rehearse every Tuesday after school 3:30-4:45pm in the hall. Just turn up to the first rehearsal on Tuesday 14th April. If you want to audition for a main part, you must attend a music audition on Wednesday 19th February or Friday 21st February plus attend the dance and drama audition on Thursday 20th February. You must sign up for a time slot on the sheets outside the drama studio, and prepare one of the songs on the notice. Please see the posters outside the drama studio for more information, or speak to your dance / drama / music teacher.
Anyone wishing to create a solo or group dance for the Dance Production must attend the audition on:
Thursday 7th November after school.
For the audition we would like to see:
- at least a minute of the dance
- all dancers who are in the dance must be there
- ifyou have performed in a dance show at school recently, try to be in different groups where possible (to give some variety!)
- you should bring the music with you on a phoneor CD
- ALL DANCES MUST RELATE TO THE THEME OF ICONS: Wewill be looking for creative responses to the stimulus.
- All dances must be choreographed by you and/or other students from AGGS.
Junior Silver Dance Company
Monday 30th September 3:45 – 4:30pm (Gym)
Talented dancers in Years 8 – 10 are invited to take part in auditions to become members of the talented dance group, Junior Silver Dance Company. You do not have to prepare anything. You will be taught a sequence and will have to perform it in small groups.
You must be free to rehearse EVERY Monday 3:45 – 4:30pm if you are selected.
**ALL PAST MEMBERS MUST ALSO AUDITION!**
Silver Dance Company
Tuesday 1st October 3:45 – 4:30pm (Gym)
Talented dancers in Years 10 – 13 are invited to take part in auditions to become members of the senior talented dance group, Silver Dance Company. You do not have to prepare anything. You will be taught a sequence and will have to perform it in small groups.
You must be free to rehearse EVERY Tuesday 3:45 – 4:30pm if you are selected.
**ALL PAST MEMBERS MUST ALSO ATTEND!**