With the exam period fast approaching, here are some handy revision tips:
- Know if you are a visual or auditory learner– for example, do you like to draw pictures or listen to lectures? It’s best to figure this out as soon as possible so your revision methods are effective!
- Plan out when you will revise– make a timetable and pin it up so you know if you are on target or not.
- Don’t be afraid to ask a teacher if you are unsure on a topic; we aren’t perfect and there will be certain topics we don’t understand.
- Use colours and get creative- Revising can be boring sometimes, but you can make it fun!
- Set up study dates with friends that motivate you to study. Meeting at the library or a quiet place can help you to focus; a change in environment can be helpful too.
- Treat yourself every so often– you need to relax as well so watch your favourite TV series or go out with friends.
- Take breaks often and rest your mind (and maybe your hands if you make notes)!
Try to think positively about any mistakes you make and learn from them; it is not the end of the world if you don’t get the grade you want!
Good luck to everyone taking exams 🙂