India Fortnight 2018
This year, AGGS will be hosting an exciting variety of activities and events during the India Fortnight! The fortnight will begin on Monday 26th February and here is the schedule for the events taking place around school:
- Making samosas- 26/2 (Year 8)- lunchtime in F7
- Indian dancing- 26/2- 1/3- 12.30-1pm in the Gym (Mon Y8, Tues Y9, Wed Y10, Thurs Y7, Fri Y11/12/13)
- Cricket- 27/2 and 6/3- lunchtime at the Devisdale
- Kabaddi- 28/2 and 7/3- lunchtimes at the Devisdale
- Making Indian inspired jewellery- 28/2 and 7/3 (Year 7)-lunchtime in F6/F8
There will also be assembly performances throughout the week by the Kumar sisters playing the sitar. Subjects such as RS, English Language, MFL and Citizenship have incorporated the theme into lesson starters and activities to explore the culture.
We hope you can attend some of the activities above and experience the fascinating Indian culture!