- Outline the new topic to the pupils – you could do this by sharing the section of the syllabus that it is relevant .
- Ask pupils to write any questions that they have about the new topic. Remind them to try to use different question types and stems. They should put these on post-it notes.
- Stick these onto the wall. If you have more than one group, then you could produce a “venn diagram” of the questions.
- As you go through the topic, take down some of the questions and hand them out to different pupils to see if we can now answer them.
- Any questions that cannot be answered within the lesson could be shared out as “extension” type homework.
- Pupils can be encouraged to add further questions to the wall, as they go through the topic.
AGGS WordPress Blogs – where you can see what is happening in school and beyond