- 8-1 Country: France, Song: Je Veux by singer Zaz, Highlights: Colour co-ordination of clothes to represent the French flag, featured saxophones and no backing track!
- 8-2 Country: Spain, Song: La Cintura by Alvaro Soler, Highlights: Vibrant summer outfits, amazing choreography.
- 8-3 Country: Canary Islands, Song: Solo Si Es Contigo by Bombai, Highlights: Hawaiian outfits, featured talented guitarists.
- 8-4 Country: Germany, Song: Wenn sie tanzt, Maz Giesinger, Highlights: another form whose outfits matched the colours of the flag, a brilliant conga line mid-performance through the audience!
- 8-5 Country: Belgium, Song: Color Gitano by Kendji Girac, Highlights: featured various percussion instruments, bright clothes mirroring the lovely (ish) summer weather we have had recently
- 8-6 Country: Balearic Islands, Song: Yo Contigo, Tu Conmigo by Morat and Alvaro Soler, Highlights: danced in pairs with matching outfits
- 8-7 Country: Austria, Song: Das Fliegerlied by DONIKKL, Highlights: animal onesies!
On Monday 17 July, all year 8 students took part in the annual MFL Eurovision competition. This involves learning a song in French, German and Spanish and performing it from memory. The standard of the competition was very high, with wonderful costumes, great singing and some very impressive choreography. The acts were interspersed by some performances from our year 10 language leaders and our year 12 language students. 8-2, representing Spain, were crowned winners for their performance of Alvaros Soler’s El Mismo Sol. Congratulations to all our participants! ¡Felicidades! Gut gemacht! Félicitations!