- 8-1 Country: France, Song: Je Veux by singer Zaz, Highlights: Colour co-ordination of clothes to represent the French flag, featured saxophones and no backing track!
- 8-2 Country: Spain, Song: La Cintura by Alvaro Soler, Highlights: Vibrant summer outfits, amazing choreography.
- 8-3 Country: Canary Islands, Song: Solo Si Es Contigo by Bombai, Highlights: Hawaiian outfits, featured talented guitarists.
- 8-4 Country: Germany, Song: Wenn sie tanzt, Maz Giesinger, Highlights: another form whose outfits matched the colours of the flag, a brilliant conga line mid-performance through the audience!
- 8-5 Country: Belgium, Song: Color Gitano by Kendji Girac, Highlights: featured various percussion instruments, bright clothes mirroring the lovely (ish) summer weather we have had recently
- 8-6 Country: Balearic Islands, Song: Yo Contigo, Tu Conmigo by Morat and Alvaro Soler, Highlights: danced in pairs with matching outfits
- 8-7 Country: Austria, Song: Das Fliegerlied by DONIKKL, Highlights: animal onesies!
The ‘Oliver!’ musical, starring Zara D in the lead role, was performed on Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th July. Drama, dance and music came together to put on a fantastic production of ‘Oliver!’, the Lionel Bart musical based on Charles Dickens’ classic tale of the orphaned workhouse boy’s incredible journey.
The production featured lively songs such as ‘Food Glorious Food’ and some all-time favourites like `Consider yourself` and `I’d do anything` together with close, if not identical, choreography to that of the famous film and fabulous performances including characters, Nancy and Dodger.
The second night clashed with the football, so another song joined the backstage tapping feet and voices practising like broken records. All in all, with the brilliant set complete with hidden compartments, smoke and fire, `Oliver!` took everyone through the streets of London, making them smile and cry in equal measure!
“The musical was a lot of fun to take part in, and the fantastic cast, whether acting, dancing, or playing in the band, did a wonderful job. ”
“I had so much fun doing the production, everyone was so good and I’m really sad it’s over now.”
Well done to everyone who took part; the Oliver production was a success!
-Written by Amy H (Year 12) and Lucy W (Year 10)
Grace S, Year 7, was awarded the Senior Class Prize at the Northern Heats of the ISTD Janet Cram Awards 2017 on Sunday. She competed in the Senior Section (11-15 yrs) and will travel to London for the Grand Finals on 18th June.
Compose your future: centre stage this October
Our subject specific exhibitions are coming to London and Manchester this autumn – starting with Compose your future, an exhibition for those interested in studying music, dance, drama, and theatre; as well as journalism, film, broadcast, and multimedia production.
This exhibition is a unique opportunity for your students to meet performance professionals and practitioners from universities, colleges, and conservatoires. Representatives from the Royal Academy of Dance, and Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and dance are among those exhibiting.
The exhibition will also feature live performances from current degree students, as well as several workshops and a number of interactive demonstrations.
There’s less than four weeks to go, but free tickets are still available.
Compose your future
MCCC, Manchester: 12 October 2016
Students interested in creative arts? Bring them to Design your future
Design your future
MCCC, Manchester: 22 – 23 November 2016
Join us in London or Manchester this November for Design your future – a creative and media arts-focused exhibition for students interested in graphic design, fine art, multimedia, and related subjects.
Book your free tickets now to avoid disappointment!
Find out how you can give your students the competitive edge
Birmingham City Centre: 6 December 2016
You’ll soon be able to book your place for our popular Competitive Admissions adviser conference; coming to Birmingham this December. This year we’ll explore a new range of competitive courses, and you’ll also have the chance to attend new workshops, including a competitive careers session.
Booking details coming soon…
For information on all of our upcoming events, visit