Oxford’s Somerville college crowd funding tour

Saffiyah, A former AGGS student has written to us:

Hi,

My name is Saffiyah and I was a pupil at AGGS a couple of years ago. Since leaving AGGS sixth form I went on to study music at Oxford University and am now in my second year. I was always immersed in the musical life at school and sang in many of the choirs which inspired me to audition to my college choir here in Oxford. This summer, my choir is fundraising to go on tour to New York where we will be doing concerts and singing workshops almost every day! However, as I’m sure you can imagine, this incurs a huge financial cost that not all members can accommodate so we are currently running a crowd funding campaign online to try and raise funds! I know I am an ex-pupil but I would really appreciate if the school or any teachers would consider making even a small donation as every little will help! Our campaign is already off to a successful start and we are over half way to our target but won’t receive any donations unless we meet our minimum of £3500. I would be so grateful if you could circulate this and consider making a donation!

Here is the link to the crowd funding page which has lots of information and videos on it.

https://somerville.hubbub.net/p/choirtour2016