Schools, libraries, and bookshops all celebrated the 21st World Book Day on March 1st. Here at AGGS staff shared their favourite stories with pupils during a special lunchtime book reading session. Thanks to Mrs Clark, Mr Lovelady, Mrs Cleary, Mr England and Mr Hodgson for dazzling us with a diverse selection of novels and poems.
I Believe in Book Fairies
On World Book Day, Thursday 1st March, to celebrate reading and promote books, the librarians will be organising a Book Fairies Event.
What are Book Fairies?
Book Fairies hide books around the world, every day, for other people to find, read, then leave for the next person. This World Book Day you can get involved too and share your books.
Want to get involved?
- Choose one of your own books that you think someone else might love
- Decorate it with a ribbon (optional)
- Come to the library to get an I Believe in Book Fairies Sticker (from 26th February)
- Hide your book somewhere around school on Thursday 1st March
- We’d love to see what you leave and find so please share your books on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using #AGGSbookfairies and #ibelieveinbookfairies