DofE Applications 2016/17

I hope you all had a peaceful break.  As you can imagine, sorting through nearly 200 applications and checking all information is a time consuming role, especially with a two and half week break!  I am currently sorting these out.  All pupils who have applied have a place but some participants have not provided all of the required information.  I will be sending this out to form tutors to pass on next week.

I have decided that as this award is all about the participants being responsible, I will not be emailing all information via Parent Mail.  I have many parents who can’t always find the information sent out to them.  Instead I would guide you to this blog which can be found via the school website.  All up-to-date information will be posted there.

What will happen next?

By 20/1/17

Information will be sent out to form tutors and on the school noticeboard for the participants. Some will need to bring me extra information which is missing from the application. This should be brought to me ASAP

By 29/1/17

Parentpay will be set up for the final payment

By 3/2/17

Participants should receive an email on their school email(year 10) or parents email(year 9)  advising them of their username and password for the DofE website.  I will also invite them to a meeting after school in order to introduce them to  edofe .  This meeting will also introduce the bronze award participants to the time scales required for each area.

If you require any information please look on the DofE website, or participants can come and find me in my room F28 where there is also a noticeboard of any important information

Thanks for your patience and cooperation with this matter.

Mandy Hickman

DofE Manager