All the best to our lovely year 11 dancers on their GCSE exam day. We know that you’ll be fabulous as always!
big well done to Junior Silver Dance Company who were selected to take part in Udance workshops at the Lowry today. The dancers were given the opportunity to share their work with other schools and some of the Lowry’s lovely dance artists. They have also had the opportunity to work with dancers from across the North West in creative workshops led by Lynsey and Georgio from Northwest dance. After such a busy afternoon, they are looking forward to attending the UDance 10 year birthday party shortly, as well as the Udance regional finals later this evening! Well done dancers!
What a wonderful sports dinner! The PE and dance department had a wonderful time celebrating the hard work and success of our lovely seniors. Congratulations to all that received colours and awards, you make us very proud!
On Monday, Year 9 and Year 10 dancers participated in a dance workshop with Lyndsey Thomas from the Centre for Advanced Training at the Lowry.
Dancers took part in a 3 hour contemporary dance technique class and creative session. Everyone participated enthusiastically and we all enjoyed the session…although we are all a little sore today!
Some dancers are interested in attending the open days and contemporary dance classes at the Lowry. For more information on these, and the CAT scheme at the Lowry, please visit
If you were lucky enough to receive one of our dance trophies last academic year, then once again a big ‘well done’! Unfortunately the time has now come to return these trophies so that they can be passed on to the next deserving winner. If you have a trophy, please can you make sure you return it to the PE office by Friday 9th March.
Welcome back after half term, we hope you are feeling rested and ready to start dancing again!
In the week commencing 26th February, there is an exciting opportunity to take part in some Indian dance workshops. The sessions will take place in the gym in the first half of lunch time (12.30-1.00) and will include a taster of belly dancing, Bharatanatyam and Bollywood dance!
The sessions will be led by Sneha (year 11) Deetha (year 12) and Anushka (year 10) so they are guarenteed to be fabulous! If you are interested in taking part, then all you need to do is turn up on your year group’s allocated day.
Year 8 – Monday 26th February
Year 9 – Tuesday 27th February
Year 10 – Wednesday 28th February
Year 7 – Thursday 1st March
Year 11 and sixth form – Friday 2nd March
We hope to see you there!
It is now less than a week until our dance production ‘The Animal Kingdom’.
The pieces are looking fantastic and We’re almost ready to go now. There are just a few things that all dancers in the production need to make sure they have done;
1. Returned your permission slip to the PE post box – without it, you can’t perform!
2. Checked the list of performers on the dance noticeboard (gym changing rooms) to make sure your name is there and that it has been spelt correctly.
3. Group leaders and those performing solos etc need to make sure they have given Mrs Anstey a copy of their music.
4. Please make sure you have organised your costumes. Your group leaders should have now told you what you will wear for your performance. It is your responsibility to make sure you bring all of your costumes with you to the dress rehearsal on Thursday afternoon.
5. Make sure you have checked the arrangements for Thursday. All information is on the dance noticeboard (gym changing rooms). Make sure you have checked it carefully so that you leave lessons at the correct time and get to the Garrick safely and on time.
We look forward to seeing you all on production day!
Mrs Collinson and Mrs Anstey