MUNCH 2016

munch-2016

On the 8th and 9th of October 2016, some girls from our school went to MUNCH, a Model United Nations conference at Cheadle Hulme School. I for one had a great time, and there was a lot of great debate across a wide range of topics.

I was in the DISEC 2 committee, which is basically talking about disarmament and preventing conflict. We may not quite have secured World Peace, but we did have some rather heated discussions regarding piracy at sea, state-sponsored militias and space arms.

My favourite moment in my committee had to be the resolution to solve all world problems by turning the moon into a death star run by Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump. I can’t see any issues with that at all…

Overall, I really enjoyed MUNCH, as did many of my friends who also came. We had a great time, enjoying some ‘lively’ debate coupled with rap battles and just a general level of friendliness within the committees. Despite the fact that I hardly knew anyone there, I’ve made some friends that I hope to run into at another conference in the future. It was a brilliant weekend, and I can’t wait for the next one!

munch-2016-2