We will be running a variety of activities during the fortnight from 26/2 until 9/3 to celebrate the languages, culture, politics and religions of India.
The activities are as following:
- MFL- KS3- starter activity- learn a new language- to be led by pupils in each class
- Music- Kumar sisters to play in assembly
- Citizenship- exploration of Indian politics
- PE- cricket on both Tuesdays.
- Sports leaders (Year 10) to teach Kabaddi to KS3 pupils during Wednesday lunchtimes
- Dance- Year 8 as scheme of work, taster through year group clubs to be led by older pupils.
- RS- exploration of Indian religion
- Science society to deliver to Year 7/8 classes- biology- vegetarian diet/ ivory trade, chemistry- chemicals in curry, physics- light and its effect on flag colours
- Maths- study of Indian mathematicians.
- D&T lunchtime Samosa making session; Indian inspired jewellery
- Art- paper cuts club to produce shadow puppets
- English- Hinglish with KS5