Welcome back after half term, we hope you are feeling rested and ready to start dancing again!
In the week commencing 26th February, there is an exciting opportunity to take part in some Indian dance workshops. The sessions will take place in the gym in the first half of lunch time (12.30-1.00) and will include a taster of belly dancing, Bharatanatyam and Bollywood dance!
The sessions will be led by Sneha (year 11) Deetha (year 12) and Anushka (year 10) so they are guarenteed to be fabulous! If you are interested in taking part, then all you need to do is turn up on your year group’s allocated day.
Year 8 – Monday 26th February
Year 9 – Tuesday 27th February
Year 10 – Wednesday 28th February
Year 7 – Thursday 1st March
Year 11 and sixth form – Friday 2nd March
We hope to see you there!
It is now less than a week until our dance production ‘The Animal Kingdom’.
The pieces are looking fantastic and We’re almost ready to go now. There are just a few things that all dancers in the production need to make sure they have done;
1. Returned your permission slip to the PE post box – without it, you can’t perform!
2. Checked the list of performers on the dance noticeboard (gym changing rooms) to make sure your name is there and that it has been spelt correctly.
3. Group leaders and those performing solos etc need to make sure they have given Mrs Anstey a copy of their music.
4. Please make sure you have organised your costumes. Your group leaders should have now told you what you will wear for your performance. It is your responsibility to make sure you bring all of your costumes with you to the dress rehearsal on Thursday afternoon.
5. Make sure you have checked the arrangements for Thursday. All information is on the dance noticeboard (gym changing rooms). Make sure you have checked it carefully so that you leave lessons at the correct time and get to the Garrick safely and on time.
We look forward to seeing you all on production day!
Mrs Collinson and Mrs Anstey
Thursday 8th February 2018
The Altrincham Garrick Playhouse, 7.30pm
Tickets available from Reception
Adults £8, Concessions £4
Emancipation of Expressionism by Boy Blue Entertainment is on BBC2 this Saturday at 10pm. It is one of the works studied in the GCSE Dance anthology. Don’t miss this brilliant street dance!
Extra rehearsals to prepare for the Dance Production:
Meet in the Gym and bring your full costumes with you.
Dancers, don’t forget to return your reply slips before Friday. You can post them in the post-box outside the PE office, or leave them at reception.
There are spare letters outside the PE
Office in Fairlie.
Congratulations to Anushka in 10.5 and Krishnapriya in 9.5 who have been successfully selected into the Centre for Advanced Dance Training!
This prestigious programme managed by DanceXchange is a nationwide training initiative for young people aged 11-18. It aims to identify and nurture those with exceptional potential in dance.
Anushka and Krishnapriya will learn Bharatanatyam, a classical South Asian dance form on the Yuva Gati programme and will be showcasing their fabulous skills in the upcoming dance production.
Well done to both Anushka and Krishnapriya on such a fantastic achievement!