Interview: Miss Hamilton

This week we interviewed Miss Hamilton, a new English teacher who has been welcomed by AGGS. It was a pleasure to interview Miss Hamilton and we hope you enjoy!

How are you finding life here at AGGS? 

There’s a lot to keep up with but it’s an amazing place to work! I am really enjoying it.

Have you made any new friends? 

Yes, the English department have been so welcoming and I feel like I’ve developed some great relationships with both staff and all of my classes.

What was your least favourite subject in school?

I enjoyed most subjects in school but if I had to pick, I would probably say PE! I enjoyed a few things like dance and rounders but there were some things – cross country for example – that I would really dread!

What were your A-Level subjects?

I did English, Biology, Psychology, Maths and General Studies. In hindsight, I wish I’d done more humanities subjects as I couldn’t decide and tried to do a little bit of everything – would not recommend! Go with what you enjoy doing the most.

Why did you want to become an English teacher? 

I really like that when you teach, every day is different and time flies by so quickly because there’s so much to do. It’s never boring, that’s for sure! Also, ultimately, I just love reading literature and talking about it and teaching English means I get to do that every day!

Can you tell us one interesting fact about yourself? 

Outside of school I bake model cakes and gingerbread models for celebrations and events!    

Do you have any advice for AGGS students? If I could go back and talk to myself in Secondary school I would tell myself not to worry about the little things so much. Enjoy learning and treasure time spent getting to know your friends and yourself. Explore everything on offer to you and once you find your passions, don’t be afraid to follow them!

Thank you for giving up your time for this interview Miss Hamilton!