INTERVIEW: DR ADAMSON

The newest member of staff from the English department, Dr Adamson, kindly agreed to let us interview her. Here is the result!

How are you finding AGGS?                                                                                         I love it! I am settling in very well and I have classes in every year group. The English department have also welcomed me.

Why did you want to teach English?                                                                        I have always had a passion for English. I originally started teaching English to adults at university. I also worked in libraries and archives. The next stage was to introduce young people to English!

If you could teach another subject what would it be and why?              Art, because I loved the subject at school. I was going to do an art degree, instead I did history of art. I would have loved to carry it on.

What was your least favourite subject at school?                                          Maths. I wanted to enjoy it, but I wasn’t good at it.

Have you made any new friends?                                                                               Miss Devlin, Mrs Willmott (Dr Adamson wanted us to say all of the English department in case she missed anyone out :)) Out of the English department I have made friends with Mr Humphreys, Mr Payne, Miss Turnbull and Mr Davenport.

Can you tell us one interesting fact about yourself?                                      I lived in Glasgow for 7 years and my family’s background is Scottish.

What A-levels did you take?                                                                                       English language and English literature, sociology and Art.

Do you have any advice for AGGS students?                                                      Remember when studying to take care of yourself. Good food always helps! Don’t feel like what you do after GCSE/ A level will define you! You can take different paths.

Thank you Dr Adamson for your time!