As previously mentioned, many of you will be considering your Visa applications. I should like to highlight the time frame for applying for Visa applications, taken from multiple sources that deal with such applications.
- It is recommended that you apply for your Visa up to 2 months before travel. The consulate may not accept your application before this time.
- The Visa should last for six months. Do check with the authority who prescribes the Visa on the time limit so that it is valid for our trip in October.
- You may require the following:
- Passport of applicant
- Completed application from the official visa website: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/
- 2 x 50x50mm photographs of the pupil
- Copy of parents’/carers’ passport
- Parents permission letter for them to travel to India with Altrincham Grammar school for Girls if child is under 16
- Child’s birth certificate (parents’ names should be detailed on the birth certificate)
- If you have been asked for anything else, please do comment on here. I have spoken to the Tour Company and they said that you should not need confirmation of my Visa/letter from me unless it is a group Visa. If this is still required, please let me know.
- For further questions, the official number for Visa applications is: 0203 793 8629.
Hopefully, this clears some obscurity re: Visa applications. I am devising a student handbook that will be handed out shortly, once teacher details/numbers are finally confirmed. Mr Davenport.